Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Training Room

Here are a couple images of my training room. I use the Kurt Kinetic Road Machine which I am able to use on all my trikes including the handcycle. I purchased a couple quick release skewers that are compatible with the Kurt Kinetic Trainers. I also have a couple Spinerval Training Videos which I use on occasion, but a good sporting event or outdoor adventure on HDTV is usually enough motivation for me.

I must remove the foot rests from the handcycle in order to fasten the front wheel to the trainer. It is great to be able to use the handcycle on the trainer in this way, because using a handcycle is nothing like a leg-powered cycle and it takes a little getting used to. You use your entire upper body as well as your arms to power the handcycle and most of us are not used to using these muscles for any extended period of time. I think the trainer gave me a lot more confidence in taking the handcycle on the trails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home